G70 autonomous floor scrubber is powered by lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) battery which using LiFePO4 as the cathode material, and a graphitic carbon electrode with a metallic backing as the anode. It is the safest of the mainstream li-ion battery types and offers significant advantages as follows:
1. LiFePO4 batteries have a life span 10 times longer than that of traditional lead-acid batteries. This dramatically reduces the need for battery changes.
2. Lithium iron phosphate batteries operate with much lower resistance and consequently recharge at a faster rate.
3. LiFePO4 lightweight batteries are lighter than lead-acid batteries, usually weighing about 1/4 less.
4. LiFePO4 provides twice the battery capacity in the same amount of space. With operating ranges from -40 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, LiFePO4 batteries handle far wider variations in temperature.
5. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are also environmentally friendly and safe for use in any system. Other advantages of LiFePO4 technology include upper and lower voltage protection, dead short and reverse polarity protection, and flame-retardant chemistry.